Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy, hap, hap, happy holiday...

Some years ago, an outstandingly pretty young woman who was on the cusp of being heartedly sick of me asked if I'd ever been on a holiday by myself.

I hadn't as it happens, although I'd travelled plenty by myself, on business. I am comfortable eating alone in a hotel or cafe, and so I dismissed her question as that of someone trying to demonstrate that they're getting heartedly sick of me.

But the idea has stuck with me over the years. I don't know where I'd go, or if I would, even. But I have promised myself that I'll at least be open to opportunity.

I suspect that somewhere far away might be in order. Or then again, a week in someplace closer, but unfamiliar might also be interesting. Is there anything to do around Fielding?

Maybe I should throw darts at a globe, or choose a theme, like visit the places all the Wombles are named after.

This idea may be worth developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment