Thursday, April 1, 2010

For Old Time's Sake

I checked on the house this week, it was a nice Wellington Autumn's day, a little too breezy perhaps, but that goes with the territory.


She is beautifully presented, but empty & lonely. I felt a wave of sadness as I recalled good times past in those rooms. But it passed as it dawned on me that this isn't my home now, and the place looks like a fictional representation of somewhere I once knew. Some of the stuff within looks a little like mine, but the master bedroom looks only slightly familiar now. Even the suits and shirts in the wardrobe do not look like things I'd wear. Later, I thought I should have taken the opportunity to pick up my dinner suit, no-one looks out of place in a dinner suit.

Leaving, I actually couldn't bring myself to walk through the Botanical gardens, it just didn't seem right without a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment